Sunday, October 23, 2005

Benambra Rose

I have got no idea what this rose is really called. I call it the Benambra Rose, because that is the cemetery in which I found it.

Benambra rose

It only flowers once, in spring, is beautifully scented, and very spiny.

Benambra Rose2

I have just about eradicated it from my garden beds, where it took over. Apart from where I let it grow through a lilac. Now I keep it mostly on my fenceline and control it by mowing across it. This year I think it is time to mow it all down to ground level just after flowering, as there is grass all through it. If I do it then, there will be flowers on it again next year, but with less grass in it.

Anyone silly enough to want to grow it, let me know and I will send you a heap of bits I pull out of the garden bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home