Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Found it.

Didn't take long at all - I have been meaning to try to identify this rose:

Unk Rose

You know how it is - you've lost the tag. But this time I was in luck - I knew where I got it from, and I could remember the phrase in the catalogue that made me want it so - "This rose was destined to become one of the great florists roses of the 19th and early 20th century".

Yep - there is was, in the catalogue. It is Catherine Mermet, a Tea Rose of 1869.

Hellie - are you writing that down??????? It does strike well from cuttings. And is quite vigourous and disease resistant. It has been surviving growin in the middle of the lemon tree for years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Ohhh very yummy. Don't you just love roses that survive anywhere and strike readily.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home