Thursday, December 29, 2005

Feeling Cheated

I admit I feel cheated.

For two lovely days, despite the heat, I have been working in the garden, and following the Boxing Day Test Match. (Memo to non-Australian readers – a game of cricket against South Africa, due to go over five days).

I also admit I am a fan of the longer game – five days of following the twists and turns of a test, while gardening, is my idea of heaven.

And now it looks like it will be four days and a couple of balls tomorrow and it will be over.

Blast – I shall have to resort to playing CDs. Not nearly as much fun.

At least today I got my first ripe Roma tomato.

And the garden is almost covered in a mulch of the smoke from the Smoke Bush.

And a lot of the weeds are under control.

Even if the Australian Cricket team is not.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it Chloe, I'm getting my shorts and hat on, going outside in the heat and doing some gardening!

10:42 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Linda, I wish you and your family a Very Happy New Year!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Just to let you know that it rained quite heavily at our place this afternoon - for 5 minutes. Didn't stop the temp. reaching 43 degrees though. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow, only 29!!! (what sort of sick joke is that?) Still, I hope it rains in all the fire areas - they need it more than we do.

Happy New Year to you, Chloe.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Shame about the cricket Chloe - I've always seen it as not too dissimilar to watching the grass grow. Nevertheless, different strokes..... I'm very envious about your Roma - they have to be the best tomato ever! Next season I am definitely planting some.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home