Thursday, December 15, 2005

Pandorea

This is for Googs (who I have just enjoyed a real lunch with)

Pandorea1

This is the Pandorea jasminoides at our place. My main problem with it being similar to your plant is that no matter where I look, it only has three leaflets along each leaf (and one at the end), never four like in your picture.

But I still think this is somewhere near what you have - it may be you have a cultivar of this growing in ideal conditions, whereas ours is hot and dry.

This is half of the seed capsule - they make lovely little boats:

Pandorea2

Anyone got any idea about Googs' plant?????

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Campsis grandiflora (Chinese Trumpet Vine) - see comment on Googie's site.

Chloe have you tried growing your Pandorea from seed? They strike very readily. I also have one with variegated leaves but I don't think it's ever flowered, certainly no seed pods, but I've managed to strike three of its cuttings.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Thanks Alice - and Googs will be most happy now. :)

I don't need to try - they come up quite happily without trying!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home