Sunday, March 12, 2006

Catapillars are Pupae

Well, that was quick!

Thursday I was sure there was nothing there.

Friday there were catapillars.

Yesterday they had almost all disappeared. I was hoping the birds hadn't got them.

Then I found this one:

Wanderers2

It had attached itself to the outside power point I use for the mulcher, and could not be gently removed. The tail was attached, and it hung thee all day in this position. I was watching it, and wanted to see exactly how it pupated. Late last night it was still like that.

And this morning it was like this:

Wanderers3

I have found two more hidden in a nearby Rosemary bush.

I just hope I am around when they come out, but I don't like my chances. These ones are sneaky.

And I had to use that power point yesterday. I hope it doesn't produce some sort of "Super Monarch

3 Comments:

Blogger sidulrike said...

What happened to the monarch pupae????? Did you catch them when they came out?

12:54 AM  
Blogger this said...

The picture of the cocoon...oh goodness...it brought back memories of when I was a 4 year old. My auntie used to have monarchs all over her cream coloured house wall and then there would be a garden full of butterflies. Would love to have your visitors : ) .

9:19 PM  
Blogger Marcellg said...

What weird and wonderful pictures, in the summer I was laying new turf and had to stop because I found a birds nest occupied, I waited until the birds moved out but its now winter so the lawn has to wait yntil spring. There always some creature in the gardens that hold up our gardening tasks.

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home