Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kitsch in the Garden

Green Man

Sometimes a girl just gotta do what a girl gotta do.

I went to the Lions Garage Sale a week or so ago, and just had to take this home for fifty cents. I don't have a lot of ornaments in the garden - three dragons and one gargoyle, all carefully hidden.

This one is a light plastic biscuit barrel, and I reckon if I fill it with stones and carefully secrete it somewhere in the garden it will last for a couple of years before it disintegrates.

And will be little bit of fun for just about the right amount of time.

What do others reckon???? Bearing in mind that my garden is definitely a Gnome-free zone. I infinitely prefer quirky ornaments rather than mass-produced ones.

(And all Fairy Fishing rods gone - and there were lots - some went to work with me Tuesday, and the rest went to a trading table for Save the Children. Now, what will I dig out this week - it makes a change from cucumbers to give away).

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Did you buy your little green friend on St Patrick's Day?

9:12 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

This green man is cute, Chloe, but I love your bench!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Harvest said...

Hi!

I am not much into garden ornament either - but I like your little green man. I have a ceramic shoe - that looks just like my green rubber garden clogs - got it at the dollar store, and I have a small ceramic basket - got it off the dime table at the second hand store . . . LOL

But your find is cool!

Harvest

12:30 PM  
Blogger Hanna said...

That is an awesome decoration. Definately hide it away in the garden where someone can unexpectedly come across it and smile when they do.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Jessica Harwood said...

The little green man is a great find!

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home