Sunday, April 09, 2006

Catching up again

I have heaps of catching up to do - the Wanderers have hatched and flown while I wasn't watching, we have eaten our last tomatoes, and still have cucumbers and beans. Capsicums were a failure this year. Maybe they wanted watering.

But my big news is that I got to the Garden Show in Melbourne, for a couple of hours, and had a lovely walk around in the rain and wind.

And bought myself three Hellebores - I love Hellebores. And now that I have found a webpage for Post Office Farm Nursery at Woodend, I may be impoverished for ever. If you have a look at this page, I got the blackish, the plum-purple and the white.

The Garden Show was interesting - I haven't been for years. Lots and lots of places selling the same bulbs (only one had anything resembling a white daffodil or blue ixia, and do you think now I can remember which it was), and not a packet of seeds to be seen. Lots of trendy stonework stuff and things like that.

But speaking of white daffodils - look what I found yesterday in Go-Lo. Not pure white, but very nice. And the price, being Go-Lo, was also very nice - $2.99 for 3.5 bulbs. I just hope they grow.

White Daff

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I just hope they are white! I know that sounds cynical but having been disappointed on a number of occasions with packaged bulbs from non-nursery shops (the colours were not the ones shown on the package, nor anything like them), I just don't trust them anymore.

Glad you had a good time at the Garden Show.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blogg and photos! I've marked it in my favorites to check back often.
Just new at blogging myself and can learn from you and others.
Thanks for sharing!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home