Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good season for Irises

Iris12

This is shaping up to be a good season for irises. I have about thirty different ones, but cannot find my plan of what is what. Drat.

I have two large clumps of this white iris, and it appears to be one of the most vigourous - certainly one of the earliest. It is the only one surviving in some of my dry shady areas.

So one big clump is going to have to go, as it is taking up good veggie ground in the kitchen garden. Sometimes I put a pile out on the nature strip, and a notice up in the post office, and people come and take them away. Other times I compost them - not sure what I will do this time. They do compost easily.

Last year was a poor season for irises, and a good season for daffodils - this year it seems to be the reverse.

PA100019

The Smoke Tree bed out the front is looking good, if a little bare. But that comes with the territory when you declare orange sparaxis (a sort of bulb) to be feral, and try and pull them out a bit early. With luck it might decrease their vigour a bit, and I will pull them out as they come up neat year.

There is a bigger pic of this bed HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home