Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Book

Book1

I have just bitten the bullet, and bought my own copy of The Seed Savers' Handbook. I collect veggie books a bit, but didn't have this one - it is exclusively for things that are edible - so it won't help you with natives. The illustrations are things of beauty in black and white.

We primarily needed it as this year we are growing two new tomatoes - "Amish Paste" and "Earliest of All", and I needed to know how far apart to plant them in case I wanted to save the seeds and be sure they weren't cross pollinated. It turns out we are fine - put them in different beds, and take from the middle of the group. Plus a few directions on fermenting the seed.

It is available from The Seed Savers Network - and I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home