Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Veggie Garden

2010-10-14d

Spring is here, and we have been making a determined effort in the Veggie Garden. This is the one where I will be growing my tommies in future. The beds have been cleared out, and we are making pilgrimages up the highway to the place where they put out the horse manure at $2.50 a bag. That is good value, but I am going to miss having poddie calves next door - I really think cow manure is the best of the lot.

2010-10-14l

This garden is surrounded by a dense planting of natives, which are having a stunning spring with all our rain (about three inches over the last week). The honeyeaters are everywhere.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chookie said...

We're into the summer plantings up here, too!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your smoke tree is the first one I've seen here in Australia exactly like the one we had on the farm in New Zealand. The one on my profile is the one my auntie grew.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your smoke tree is the first one I have seen in Australia exactly like the one we had on the farm in New Zealand. The only other one is my aunties which is my profile picture.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Vrai Vert said...

Hi, your garden is great! Could you please tell me the advantage of having an elevated garden bed? Thanks in advance!

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home