Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What the Camera Sees


I took this quick snap the other day, and was really surprised when I downloaded it. On my screen there is a beautiful electric blue that I can't see in real life.

This pot is really orchids, with a volunteer Viola. I have been doing some pot plant gardening down at Mum's hostel, and the gardener has taken to giving me unwanted pots to rescue and put out on the verandahs. This is one of them. Well, a quarter of one of them. I don't think it had been divided for about 25 years.

Next season it is going to make a lot more pots, with a small pinkish-purpleish orchid going everywhere.

Planted in the Veggie Garden today:

Parsley seedlings
Radish seeds
Tree onion bulbs (not the right time, but I grow them all the time as shallots, and these are sproutng)
Broad Beans (Aquadulce) in a planter bag of compost along the fence. 

No much today, as I was working away.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rambling Tart said...

Your violas are beautiful!! Such a stunning, vivid color. :-)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home